Not A Farmer! | 10 Day Challenge: Ten

by - Friday, February 03, 2012






What I'm Wearing
Navy Cape Coat: ASOS ($22)
Cream Infinity Scarf: H&M ($6)
Taupe Cropped Sweater: H&M ($12)
Glasses Necklace: Forever 21 ($2)
Stud Earrings: H&M (12 for $5)
Plaid Blouse: A&F (thrifted $3)
Denim Jeggings: H&M ($15)
Legwarmers: Wet Seal ($3)
Brown Boots: Journey's ($50)

Day Ten


I understand it's an irrational fear to have, but for some [not so] strange reason [to me], I feel like wearing plain with jeans and boots makes me look like a farmer. I've seen plenty of people do it and look great. Whenever I tried it though, I always tend to look like I belong in the fields riding a tractor and chewing on a stick of hay/straw. Sigh. But, for the sake of this challenge, I tried it out.

Fun Facts About This Outfit:
1) The plaid blouse has been sitting in my closet for a little over half a year. This is the first time I'm wearing it.

2) The denim jeggings I have on fit my thighs and below but it is about 2 sizes too big for my waist. My solution? I folded them down. Twice. You can see the fold peeking in a few of my pictures. I would've worn a belt, but they don't have belt loops.

3) At first I didn't know how to tackle this prompt to wear something I'm scared of wearing. Two of my friends suggested I wear jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers and I freaked out at the thought. I don't know why, but I was so against it. I guess the one thing scarier than looking like a farmer is looking like I'm 12.


follow me|facebook|twitter|bloglovin|chictopia

You May Also Like

0 comments